The website and/or ship chartering app is managed by 4Shipping. 4Shipping is well aware of the fact that the protection of personal privacy of users and visitors of the website is very important. Personal data of users and visitors will be secured and treated with the necessary care and diligence.
This Privacy Statement describes how we treat the personal data that we may receive from the website and/or app and informs about the cookies that our website uses to improve our service.
The user of the ship chartering app should agree to this Privacy Statement before he can use the app. In addition, the user makes the data that he provided available to 4Shipping and other users of the app.
When you request information, visit our website or use our app, we save the data you provide us. This also means that you approve that we do this. The data will be used for the following purposes:
- To provide our services to you and to charge for our services;
- To improve and simplify the use of the app;
- To promote the provision of services to your business associates or other app users;
- To inform you about products and services of 4Shipping;
- To inform you about changes / updates of the app and service provision;
- To obtain a better view of users of the website and / or users of the app, in order to improve our service;
- To distribute data to third parties withn the bounds of legal requirements;
- To provide an optimum protection for your user account (among other things, your IP address is used for this);
- Part of the information supplied by you can be inspected by other app users. When you do deals via the app, data is shared with users, to facilitate business relationships (e.g. to generate a Charter);
- We use anonymised data (e.g. to measure statistics); this data could be shared publicly;
- When governments oblige 4Shipping to provide information;
- To publicise the business name, ship’s name and the user’s name only, for marketing purposes.
By using the AIS ship position data, various operations in the app are becoming easier, such as searching for transport orders in the vicinity of the ship, automatically reporting the current status of the transport, etcetera.
At the time of registering or when you use the app, we ask for your explicit permission for using this AIS data. By giving your permission, this allows us to provide you with a higher usability and quality of services.
4Shipping uses the following cookies:
- Cookies that facilitate your internet use: cookies remember login information, passwords and preferences, such as language settings.
Mailchimp cookies that are needed to send and monitor newsletters.
4Shipping carefully protects the data from users against theft, infringement, manipulations or loss. 4Shipping does this at levels that are common practice in this sector. In addition, we ensure that the data entered in on our website and app are encrypted. The transmission of (personal) data is realised via a secure connection.
Data retention period of personal databases
During the time you are registered as a user, your (personal) data are stored, so that you can use our services.
If you decide to terminate the use of our services, we will continue to store your (personal) data. We do this because the availability of your data could influence the use and statistics of other users. We also need this to comply with tax requirements with respect to retention.
Your privacy rights
You have the right to request access to and to ask for correction of your data. Therefore, we made your personal data transparent in the app. We have also added the ability to change this to your own preference. For other data please contact 4Shipping.
Transmission of data
4Shipping outsources some business operations to third parties (e.g. hosting, website/app development, statistics, communication services, etcetera). Personal data will be transmitted to these parties, to create a successful website / app. 4Shipping sees to it that third parties with which it is working, deal sensibly with the personal data. In addition, it can happen that one or more parts or assets are transmitted to third parties. In that case, the details of our users/visitors will also be transmitted.
4Shipping reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Statement. Such a new version of the Privacy Statement will be announced on the website/app.
In the event of any incompatibility between the different language versions of the Privacy Statement, the Dutch version will prevail.