The website and/or ship chartering app is managed by 4Shipping. 4Shipping is aware that the protection of the privacy of its users and visitors to the website is of great importance. Personal data of users and visitors are therefore treated with care and secured.
The user of the chartering app agrees to these privacy regulations before being able to use the app. The user also makes the data provided by him available to 4Shipping and other users within the app.
When you request information, visit our website or use our app, we record the data you provide. You also agree that 4Shipping does this. The data is used for the following purposes:
- Providing and billing our services;
- Simplify and improve the use of the app;
- To promote the service to your relations or other app users;
- To inform you about 4Shipping products and services;
- To inform you about changes/updates that are made to the app or service;
- To get a better picture of the visitors to the website and/or users of the app, in order to improve our services
- To provide data to third parties on the basis of legal obligations;
- To be able to offer optimal security for your user account (for which, among other things, your IP address is used)
- Part of the data you provide is available to other users of the app and if business is done via the app, data is also shared between users in order to establish a business relationship (eg for generating a Charter).
- Anonymized data is used (for example to make statistics) and can possibly be shared publicly;
- If governments require 4Shipping to provide information;
Only publicly publish the company name, ship name and name of the user for marketing purposes.
When using the AIS position of ships, various actions in the app become easier, such as searching for transport orders in the vicinity of the ship, automatically reporting the transport status during the transport in progress, etc. Your explicit permission is requested when registering or in the app for the use of this AIS data. If you give permission, 4Shipping will use this information to increase the service and ease of use.
4Shipping uses the following cookies:
- Facilitating your internet use: cookies remember login names, passwords and preferences, such as a language setting.
- From MailChimp to be able to send and monitor newsletters.
4Shipping carefully protects user data against theft, infringement, manipulation or loss. And does so at a level that is customary in the sector. Also, all data entered on our site and app is encrypted. And the transmission of (personal) data takes place via a secure connection.
Retention period personal data
The time that you are registered as a user so that you can use our service, your (personal) data will be saved. If you decide to cancel the use of our services, we will continue to store your (personal) data. We do this because the availability of your data can influence the use and statistics of other users. Your data must also be retained in order to be able to comply with the fiscal retention obligation.
Your Privacy Rights
You have the right to inspect your personal data and the right to request correction of your personal data. That is why we have made your (personal) data transparent in the app. We have also added the option for most (personal) data to change it yourself. For other information, please contact 4Shipping.
4Shipping outsources some business activities to third parties (such as hosting, website/app development, usage statistics, communication services, etc.). In this outsourcing, personal data is also transferred to operate a successful website/app. 4Shipping ensures that third parties with whom it cooperates also handle personal data with care. It is also possible that one or more parts or assets of the company are transferred to a third party. In that case, the data of our users/visitors will also be transferred.
If there are (interpretation) differences between the various language versions of the privacy regulations, the Dutch version will prevail.